Wednesday, September 2, 2015

9/2/15 This Week In Writing

Wildfire is coming along slowly but surely. I've minimized my word count for this work. As it's a novella, I don't intend the story to be very long and therefore won't take as much time to complete. I tend to write in the morning for a bit, after I drop my daughter off a school, and then again in the evening after she's gone to bed. I'm averaging about a thousand words a day, which isn't bad. It's far below my previous word counts.

Considering I've had a lot of things going on lately, a thousand words a day is completely doable. I don't want to put too much pressure on myself (even though I seem to work better under a deadline). Self-motivation is key here. And also, avoiding distractions. The Internet is mostly to blame for that one.

For those who aren't aware, Wildfire is the second volume in my novellas. The Tie-In Novellas are side stories to the Elementals series and it helps to have read Caution to the Wind before picking up these stories. I've intended them to be read together.

Happy reading, fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment