Monday, December 7, 2015

My Thoughts on Self-Publishing

Since I was a child, all I wanted was to write and have a book published. I didn't really care how. I just wanted it.

As I got older, I realized there was a lot that goes into publishing a book. There's the writing of the book, the editing, the searching for an agent or a publisher, the numerous rejections.

In 2006, I was lucky enough to find a publisher with Samhain Publishing. My first novel series, written under my pen name Rose Marie Wolf, was contracted with them, and I was able to make my dream come true. However, I found that there was much in the way of contracts and rights and what I could do and what I couldn't do, and who had the final say.

Honestly, I felt like I had very little control over my own work. I lapsed from writing and publishing for a while, and finally came back to it when I found the means to self-publish. It sounded simple, easy, and I liked the idea of having control and the final say so of my books.

I am proud to be an independent self-published author.

No comments:

Post a Comment